The Kitchen Manager (KM) is responsible for overseeing kitchen operations and running the shift of an assigned kitchen staff. The KM also has financial responsibility for food costs, labor costs, and kitchen supplies for the kitchen.
Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to the following):
• Handle and train others to clean kitchen equipment carefully and safely to prevent damage or injuries.
• Monitor weekly historical business data, and use this information to prepare weekly work schedules to ensure sufficient coverage in the kitchen to attain our food service standards.
• Supervise operation of the kitchen to maximize profitability, minimize legal liability, and conform to State and Local health code regulations.
• Consistently monitor COGS through daily use of inventory control.
• Input of food purchases and the safeguarding of all recipes.
• Assist with hiring, training, and scheduling of BOH personnel.
• Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality issues.
• Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
• Maintain par-stock of food products
• Comply with all health and safety regulations.
• Review and monitor, with General Manager or other financial personnel, expenditures to ensure that they conform to budget limitations.
• Able to work and be on your feet for up to 60 hours per week or 12 hours per day
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Perform other kitchen duties as assigned by General Manager.
• Must have 2 years of management experience in a full service, high volume restaurant.
• Solid track record of success in previous assignments demonstrating upward career tracking
• Strong communication and leadership skills
• Culinary school background a plus
For immediate consideration please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com