The General Manager is responsible for the daily operations and inspired leadership of the management team and team players in the restaurant. The General Manager is responsible for delivering sales and profits at their location with a strong commitment to systems that support our unique positioning as a brand.
Responsibilities: (Including, but not limited to)
1. The GM consistently provides a quality product and guest service experience that delivers total customer satisfaction. He or she models and creates an environment in which the customer is always right; ensures a positive guest service experience.
2. The GM must understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs along with executing the top 4 priorities.
3. The GM responds positively and quickly to customer concerns. He or she corrects potential problems before they affect guests.
4. The GM hires high quality people who demonstrate and ensure consistent customer satisfaction.
5. Ensures all employees are trained, motivated and empowered to deliver total guest satisfaction. Evaluates each employee’s ability to maintain high levels of guest satisfaction.
6. Maintains restaurant at the level necessary to meet or exceed the company standards for Quality, Service and Cleanliness.
7. Utilizes labor effectively to meet budgets while ensuring high quality of QSC.
8. The GM must be able to reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift up to 50 pounds and must have the stamina to work 50 to 60 hours per week.
9. Work in a standing position for long periods of time up to 5 hours or more.
Training and Development
1. The GM continuously improves the skills, knowledge and morale of all employees. he or she treats the employees with courtesy, honesty and respect
2. The GM effectively utilizes all training programs from new employee orientation up to and including management training classes.
3. The GM prepares qualified employees for promotion to the next position. He or she continually develops adequate numbers of shift leaders to meet the objective of the business plan.
4. The GM evaluates each employee’s performance based on clearly communicated standards and expectations. The GM holds the employees accountable for performance. The GM makes tough decisions regarding all performance related issues in the restaurant; confronts poor performance.
5. The GM will conduct weekly manager meetings
Effective Business Management
1. The GM maximizes financial performance and profit. Ensure store achieves objectives in sales, profitability, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation/cleanliness.
2. The GM develops and executes the business plan (key elements include: fiscal responsibilities, manpower planning and local restaurant marketing) for the restaurant. Achieves results by planning, communicating, delegating and following up.
3. Executes company-wide marketing programs; initiates programs on time, correctly and with minimal direction.
4. Identifies and develops local restaurant marketing strategies to maximize sales.
Appropriate and Fair Business Practices
1. The GM ensures business and personnel practices are within the law and consistent with policies and procedures.
2. The GM serves as a role model and sets a positive example for the entire team in all aspects of business and personnel management.
3. Enforces all labor laws (federal, state and local).
4. Follows procedures to maintain the safety and security of all employees, customers and company assets (building, cash, equipment, supplies).
5. Upholds Walk-On’s food safety, food handling and sanitation requirements, to ensure the health and safety of our customers and employees.
6. Knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt fair, and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules, and procedures.
Cost Accounting, Developing Budgets, Financial Planning and Strategy, Decision Making, Process Improvement, Strategic Planning, Verbal Communication, Customer Focus, Management Proficiency, Managing Profitability.
For immediate consideration please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com