Commercial Real Estate Loan Servicer
The Commercial Real Estate Loan Servicer uses specialized knowledge and skill obtained through education and experience to audit, book, analyze, administer, and reconcile commercial real estate and corporate loans. Frequent trouble-shooting of moderate to complex issues, requiring evaluation, originality, and critical thinking skills to apply the appropriate procedures, processes and techniques.
- on-board loans acquired from third party loan sellers;
- monitoring borrower compliance with loan requirements;
- process monthly billings and payments reconciling interest payments and interest accruals;
- communicate with borrowers verbally and in writing;
- work closely with loan officers advising them as to loan status and communications with borrowers;
- work with attorneys and loan officers in the drafting of loan modifications, forbearance agreements, default notices, and foreclosures;
- maintain borrower information in FICS Commercial Servicer system;
- maintain loan file documentation;
- contribute to team projects
- develop, document, implement, and maintain loan servicing policies and procedures;
- provide training and guidance to less experienced staff;
- perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of multi-state commercial loan servicing practices.
Reviewing and interpreting commercial loan terms and documentation.
Resolving unusual transaction and accounting discrepancies.
Preparing spreadsheets and creating formulas.
Ability to work independently, organizing, managing, and tracking multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline driven, work environment.
Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
Provide superior customer service.
Work in a team environment.
Strong math skills.
Strong Word and Excel skills.
Ability to use and/or learn specialized software.
Identify and recommend changes to standard procedures when required by specific situations and circumstances.
Education and Experience
College degree in accounting or finance preferred.
Minimum of 7 years industry related experience, with 5 years servicing commercial real estate loans.
Experience with loan work-outs.
Experience working in a bank’s Special Assets department preferred.