The manager , District Accounting Services is responsible for leading the department in the service of the clients by providing accounting services in a timely manner and b set deadlines. Additionally responsible for ensuring approximately 90 audits are reviewed and approved by the appropriate deadline. Responsible for full cycle accounting for approximately 100 community development districts.
- Must have a bachelor degree in accounting or a related field. At least 5 years of full cycle accounting experience.
- Public/Government accounting experience supervising or managing audits.
- Experience managing staff in the completion of a full cycle accounting for multiple clients.
- Successfully pass pre-employment screenings, ability to work independent, ability to coordinate/manage projects at the same time.
- Demonstrate leadership in maintaining high standards, demonstrate organization, attention to detail, and problem solving.
- Must have a working knowledge of applicable company policies, procedures, state licensing standards, and must be familiar with accreditation expectations.
- Supervise a staff of 17 consisting of two senior accountants, eleven staff accountants and 4 bookkeepers.