Our client is a very reputable nationwide Insurance company. They are looking for a full-time Private Market Product Manager in St. Petersburg. This is a direct hire opportunity with great benefits. If you have a background in Property and Casualty Insurance with Product Management or strong Underwriting experience, this is the opportunity for you to join a fantastic company!
The Private Market Product Manager is responsible for new and existing product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: researching and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with IT, compliance, marketing, finance and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Private Market Product Manager’s role also includes ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Build relationships with key marketing personnel, key agents, and other key stakeholders to achieve competitor intelligence used to develop new products and develop product sales strategies including preparing return-on-investment analyses.
- Conduct and document due diligence to accomplish state filing and regulatory requirements and maintain an accurate and comprehensive record of data by state and partner company.
- Identify and recommend innovative and cost – benefit opportunities to enable improved ease of use, take advantage of emerging technologies, and anticipate emerging market trends.
- Analyze industry and competitor data to prepare summary exhibits for management team that effectively communicate short-term and long-term product forecasts and effectively communicate product strengths and weaknesses.
- Provide analyses and input for the development and implementation of product revisions, price setting, and state/rate/rule/form filing.
- Collaborate with IT to develop and document business rules as they impact products and system developments.
- Create and maintain an accurate and comprehensive record of new and existing products, product changes, enhancements and anticipated enhancements by state and partner company.
- Monitor, comprehend and convey the impact of changes in state and regulatory issues affecting or restricting product to key stakeholders.
- Research and provide information for special projects important to achieving company product and profit objectives such as new state launch and/or new product launch.
- Complete operational requirements by following up with IT and support to ensure that the delivered work result is properly tested and meets the product and system requirements.
- Provide both internal and external training associated with existing products, new products and product changes.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- 3 to 5 years of P&C Insurance Product Management experience required.
- 5+ years of experience as an Underwriter in Property & Casualty may be sufficient.
- Proficient in MS Applications: Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Visio.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Work and goal oriented. Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- High School diploma (or equivalent) required. College degree in relevant field preferred.