Develops automated and manual testing processes for various software application processes throughout the organization. This will include writing test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in pre and post production environments. Utilizes proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives while maintaining the ASI values. This individual may also work with employees across the company to gather business requirements for use in writing spec documents for programming.
- Tests software programs to compare to specifications and documentation
- Identifies, analyzes, and documents defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in software program functions, outputs, online screens, and content
- Performs computer system rate, form, Underwriting Edit testing for multi-state, multi-company operation
- Creates test cases and test data via manual and automated processes.
- Responds promptly to inquiries via e-mail, work order system, chats, and phone calls from users regarding functions and operations of software programs.
- Recommends program improvements or revisions to programmers and system analysts
- Identifies program variances from standards and suggests modifications to gain efficiencies
- Troubleshoots system Edit messages and errors
- Conducts compatibility tests with other software programs and network environments
- Monitors program performance after implementation to prevent recurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation
- Documents, tracks, and communicates test plans, test results, analysis, and unresolved problems
- Reviews internal audit results to detect trends and possible errors in rating or document programming.
- Develops written spec documents based on Business User needs and system functionality for programming team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred
- 3+ Years in software Quality Assurance
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office products including Excel & Word. Access experience a plus.
- Google Business Mail and Documents/Drive experience preferred
- Experience with testing automation tools such as Selenium and/or Quick Test Pro
- Insurance or Technology industry experience a plus
- Ability to remain flexible and open to varied work schedule as project load changes based on company need and speed to market decisions which may require hours beyond a standard 40-hour work week
- Ability to research credible sources electronically to assist in problem solving and increase innovation
- Strong organization, follow-up, multi-tasking, and proof reading skills are required
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent collaboration and team work skills along with ability to self-direct and work with minimum supervision
Apply today at TamaraG@CareerExperts.jobs.