We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to provide office leadership with expertise in business development and project management with the expectation to manage various projects and/or programs out of our Ft. Myers Office. The individual needs to have strong experience and interest in water, wastewater and storm-water design; startup and oversight of innovative and emerging treatment technologies; construction management; and a variety of other related assignments. The Sr. Project Manager will work in a team environment developing engineering studies, conceptual designs, construction plans and specifications, as well as providing support during construction.
This is a career position for self-motivated individuals interested in managing clients and projects, and individuals interested in developing and advancing their careers in water and wastewater engineering consulting. They will have opportunities for increasing responsibility and advancement within the firm. As part of subsequent training, this role would grow to include office management responsibilities.
- Mentoring staff and providing career guidance and supporting their growth while following our core values
- Develop and maintain client relationships with existing and new clients to understand their future needs and to ensure that their expectations are being met
- Managing multiple technical assignments simultaneously to lead teams to complete assignments to the client’s satisfaction while following the contract requirements and maintaining schedule and budget.
- Technical excellence in planning studies, preliminary designs, final designs, program management, bid assistance and office services during construction for pump stations, pipelines, treatment plants, and storm-water systems.
- Identify and lead business development pursuits, including positioning and preparation of proposals, to meet the Office’s growth goals
- Assist to develop and annually update an Office Business Plan and ensure that the plan is implemented to achieve the Office’s growth goals.
- Manage staff assignments and work load to increase efficiency, while helping staff achieve their career objectives.
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering is required. Master’s degree is desirable.
Experience: Minimum 15 years’ experience in civil/sanitary design and studies. Candidate must have at least 15 years in the engineering consulting career that serves large public utility agencies in the region. Business Development and Operations Experience
Certifications: A PE designation in Florida is required. PE certification in additional northeast states is desirable.
- Ability to develop and manage client relationships and demonstrated ability to manage large projects
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Demonstrated experience in project delivery including the management of client expectations, technical team, and financial aspects of projects
- Strong technical and entrepreneurial competencies as well as a desire to expand existing client relationships and to establish working relationships with new clients.
- Demonstrable commitment for exceeding client expectations by presenting and implementing the best solutions to meet their needs.
- Self-starter with ability to participate collaboratively with team and lead and manage others