The Staff Accountant performs all accounting and customer service related duties for a portfolio of
associations. The Staff Accountant works closely, as a team, with the Licensed Community Association
Manager (LCAM) and Administrative Assistant for the assigned portfolio to provide the highest level of
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
1. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or its equivalent* and three (3) years of relevant
accounting experience. *Degree equivalency = A minimum of seven years’ experience as a full
2. Experience with financial statements is required.
3. Successfully pass pre-employment screenings and background/reference checks.
4. Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
5. Ability to coordinate/manage multiple projects at the same time.
6. Ability to interact and communicate effectively with colleagues, vendors and customers/clients
of all professional levels.
7. Demonstrate organization, attention to detail, problem solving, creative, and independent
8. Demonstrate a commitment to the organizations philosophy of high quality, professionalism and
KNOWLEDGE & CRITICAL SKILLS:
Must have a working knowledge of applicable company policies, procedures, state licensing standards,
and must be familiar with accreditation expectations, including, but not limited to:
1. Knowledge and application of double entry accounting processes is required.
2. Some knowledge and application of accounts receivable (A/R), accounts payable (A/P) and bank
reconciliations is required.
3. Knowledge of multi-company financial statements is preferred.
4. Knowledge of community management industry is preferred.
5. Knowledge and application of TOPS Software is highly preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepares standard monthly financial packets and backup schedules for designated associations
to include but not limited to the following:
a. Balance Sheet
b. Income/Expense Statement
c. A/R Aging Summary
d. A/P Open Items
e. Pre-paid Owners Report
f. Check Register
g. Reserve Schedule
h. Reserve Contributions
i. Pre-paid Insurance
j. Insurance Payable
k. Accrued Expenses Payable
l. Prepaid Expenses
m. Refundable Deposits
2. Ensures reserves are properly funded according to the association’s approved budget.
3. Reconciles the association’s bank accounts on a monthly basis.
4. Researches and resolves owner issues pertaining to account balances and discrepancies via
phone calls and/or emails.
5. Handles incoming calls from mortgage and title companies, third party bank representatives,
realtors, attorneys, vendors and/or board members regarding account balances, assessments,
expenses of the association, payment of services, and questions related to the association’s
6. Processes cash receipts received.
7. Performs property re-sales in TOPS and lot workbooks when warranty deeds, certificates of
titles, other legal documentation is received and sends out statements and/or coupon books on
8. Applies all appropriate charges to owner ledgers which includes but is not limited to; violation
fines, lawn mowing (abatements), legal costs associated with liens, unpaid water bills, etc.
9. Enters and processes accounts payables relating to designated associations.
10. Works in conjunction with the association’s CPA in preparation of the association’s annual
compilation, review and audit.
11. Completes Estoppel Questionnaires through online service for association property sales and
answers all related calls.
12. Submits W-9’s and copies of ledgers as needed.
13. Files Annual Corporate Reports online for all associations.
14. Processes payroll for association onsite employees (not all associations); includes obtaining
employee hire application packet, maintaining individual employee personnel files, collection of
timesheets for forwarding to third party payroll vendor, administering payroll related issues.
15. Processes coupon book orders for all re-sales and new sales.
16. Non-essential duties include other job related duties as assigned.
Apply directly to Tamara Galla at firstname.lastname@example.org